|On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at approximately 2:09 pm Gloucester Township Police were dispatched to the area of Hickstown Road near Little Mill Road for a report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle who was unconscious. The driver of the vehicle remained with the pedestrian until the arrival of police. The pedestrian was located in the roadway suffering from serious injuries.
Gloucester Township Fire and EMS worked with Virtua ALS to render medical aid to the pedestrian who was transported via medical helicopter to Cooper Universality Hospital. The pedestrian is listed in critical condition.
This crash is being investigated by the Gloucester Township Police Department’s Serious Crash Investigation Team (SCIT). Hickstown Road, between Erial Road and Little Mill Road, was closed for approximately 2 hours during the initial phases of the investigation. The driver and pedestrian information is not being released at this time pending notifications. There are no charges pending at this time.
If anyone witnessed the crash or has any information related to it please contact the Gloucester Township Police Department at 856-228-4500 or at our GTPD Anonymous Tip Line at 856-842-5560.
To send an anonymous tip via text message to the Gloucester Township Police please text the keyword “TIPGLOTWPPD” and your tip message to 888777.
- Online Reporting
- Public Information and Policy
- Submission Confirmed
- Browse Submissions
- Career Opportunities
- Follow GTPD on Social Media
- Emergency Services
- Gloucester Township Police Camera Program
- Administrative Services
- Administrative Services Bureau
- Community Services Division
- Support Services Division
- About Us
- Boy Scout Troop 811 Safety Day 10-13-2012
- Chief of Police
- ConcussionTraumatic Brain Injury Training
- Contact Us
- Crime Stoppers
- Emergency Drill With Boy Scout Troop 811
- GTPD Attends Blackwood Fire Co Christmas Parade 2012
- GTPD Community Relations Unit
- GTPD Vehicles
- Important Links
- Operations Division
- Prescription Drop Off Boxes
- Juvenile Family Services
- Community Relations