The Professional Standards Unit is what may be commonly referred to as Internal Affairs. The Gloucester Township Police Department is committed to providing law enforcement services that are fair, effective, and impartially applied. Our police officers are held to the highest standards of conduct and are expected to respect the rights of all citizens. Officers’ adherence to these standards, motivated by a moral and professional obligation to perform their job to the best of their ability, is the ultimate objective of the Gloucester Township Police Department. The Gloucester Township Police Department Professional Standards Unit, has a group of dedicated detectives committed to thoroughly investigating all alleged complaints against our employees. The Gloucester Township Police Department strives to achieve the very best law enforcement practices, and to provide the very best service to the community that we serve.
The 4 A’s of Internal Affairs
1. ANYONE – Any individual must be permitted to file an Internal Affairs complaint. It can be a victim, a friend of the victim, a parent, a juvenile (with or without parents), an illegal alien (we are not permitted to ask about immigration status) or it can be anonymous. ANYONE means ANYONE.
2. ANY WAY – An Internal Affairs complaint can be filed in ANY WAY. It could be filed by phone, by letter, written on a napkin, in person… Whatever is best for the person filing. We cannot make someone show up in person or swear the statement to initiate the complaint process.
3. ANY TIME – A complaint must be taken regardless of the hour or day of the week. At no time should a complaint be told to return later, even if the IA officer is unavailable. ANY law enforcement officer or civilian employee must take a complaint.
4. ANYTHING – As long as a complaint has sufficient factual information, the complaint must be investigated. It is predicated upon the victim’s view of the situation.
* * * LAW ENFORCEMENT MUST AVOID ANY LANGUAGE THAT IS DESIGNED TO DISSUADE SOMEBODY FROM FILING A COMPLAINT.* * *
ALL complaints against a police officer, or police department employee, are accepted at ANYTIME by ANYONE (24 hours a day/7 days a week) by a member of the Professional Standards Unit, or an on duty police supervisor. If a supervisor is not available than an officer will accept the complaint from any person.
You may also directly contact the Professional Standards Unit at 856-374-3538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Additionally, below is our online fillable form available in multiple languages that can be easily submitted. Or anyone can print the below PDF forms also available in multiple languages to drop off in person with a police employee, send in by email or send by mail.
Lastly, for any assistance you may also contact 856-228-4500 or email email@example.com .
Internal Affairs Forms
Download Internal Affairs Complaint Information Sheet:
(Right-Click to save/download)
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Arabic | صحيفة معلومات شكوى GTPD IA: العربية
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Chinese | GTPD IA 投诉信息表：中文
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: English
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Haitian | Fèy Enfòmasyon sou Plent GTPD IA: Ayisyen
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Hindi | GTPD IA शिकायत सूचना पत्रक: हिंदी
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Korean | GTPD IA 불만 사항 정보 시트: 한국어
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Polish | OWZ Karta informacyjna reklamacji: język polski
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Portuguese | Folha de Informações sobre Reclamações GTPD IA: Português
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Spanish | Hoja de información de quejas GTPD IA: español
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Tagalog (Filipino) | GTPD IA Sheet ng Impormasyon sa Reklamo: Tagalog
- GTPD IA Complaint Information Sheet: Vietnamese | Bảng thông tin khiếu nại GTPD IA: Tiếng Việt
Download Internal Affairs Complaint Reporting Form:
(Right-Click to save/download)
- GTPD IA Report Form: Arabic | نموذج تقرير GTPD IA: عربي
- GTPD IA Report Form: Chinese | GTPD IA报告表：中文
- GTPD IA Report Form: English
- GTPD IA Report Form: Haitian | Fòm Rapò GTPD IA: Ayisyen
- GTPD IA Report Form: Hindi | GTPD IA रिपोर्ट फॉर्म: हिंदी
- GTPD IA Report Form: Korean | GTPD IA 보고서 양식: 한국어
- GTPD IA Report Form: Polish | Formularz raportu GTPD IA: język polski
- GTPD IA Report Form: Portuguese | Formulário de relatório GTPD IA: português
- GTPD IA Report Form: Spanish | Formulario de informe GTPD IA: español
- GTPD IA Report Form: Vietnamese | Mẫu báo cáo GTPD IA: Tiếng Việt
- GTPD IA Report Form:Tagalog (Filipino) | Form ng Ulat ng GTPD IA:Tagalog
NJ Attorney General Internal Affairs Policies and Procedures – https://www.njoag.gov/iapp/
Early Warning and Professional Standards System (Right-Click to save/download)
Drug Testing Policy (Right-Click to save/download)
GTPD Internal Affairs Update 03-06-23(Right-Click to save/download)
Internal Affairs Reporting
2021 Reports (Right-Click to save/download)
GTPD internal Affairs Public Statistics 2019 (Right-Click to save/download)