As part of our community policing initiatives, the Gloucester Township Police Department has a reentry program for recent parolees who are being released from a term of incarceration. The goal of the program is to provide support to parolees to improve their chances of a crime free reentry into the community. When we are notified of a parolee being released, we contact the person and provide them with resources which will help them gain employment, recover from addiction, and even help them earn their high school diploma if they never completed school. We work closely with the New Jersey State Parole Board to identify parolees who are Gloucester Township residents, and they receive a letter from the Chief of Police welcoming them to back our community. The Reentry Program provides recent parolees with free resources to help them succeed and reenter as productive members of the community.
The following is a list of resources that are available to all Gloucester Township residents, and are provided as part of the Reentry Program:
- Gloucester Township Family Resource Center, 1324 Little Gloucester Road, Blackwood. Phone: 856-842-5553 Family and Individual Counseling. SAVE Support Group for family members who have a loved one suffering from addiction.
- CFS Family Connections Family Success Center, 1324 Little Gloucester Rd., Blackwood.
Phone: 856-979-3836 www.centerffs.org/family-success-center/welcome
Free computer/internet access, resume and career counseling, free family dinner nights, youth homework tutoring.
- SAVE Advocate-Drug and Alcohol Counseling Information. Phone: 856-302-7051
Addiction specialist assists people with treatment alternatives.
- Camden County One-Stop Career Center, website: https://www.camdencounty.com/service/employment/one-stop-career-center/
- Domestic Violence Information/Assistance, Phone: 856-227-1234
www.camdencountywomenscenter.org Domestic Violence services for victims and offenders.
- Gloucester Township Library, 15 S. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood. Phone:
856-228-0022 www.camdencountylibrary.org Provides free computer/internet access in addition to other resources.
- GTWheels Sustainable Bike Library, Reagan Building, 508 Lakeland Road, Gloucester Twp., NJ 08012, Phone: 856-374-5195 https://glotwp.com/gtwheels/
- Gloucester Township Food Pantry, 123 East Church Street, Blackwood, NJ 08012 Phone: 856-803-3230 or 856-845-9520
For more information you can contact Police Services at 856-228-4011